Ostrich (Strutio Camelus) is native to Africa. OstriTec offers ostrich skin averaging 15sqft. Approximately 2/3 of these skins are full quill and 1/3 are partial or no quill. We stock ostrich leather in our USA warehouse, available for immediate delivery. OstriTec delivers ostrich leather to the Belt, Garment, Handbag and Western Industries. Please contact us for for any question you might have.
- Scientific name is struthio camelus
- Ostrich is farm-raised for the meat. The skin is a byproduct.
- CITES status is non-appendix
Size and Grade Description
- Approximately 15 sft total.
- There is about 9 sqft of total full quill area
- 9 sft of partial and no-quill area
- The Center Full Quill Area is about 24" x 24"
The Approximate Thickness Of These Ostrich Skins Are:
- About 0.6/0.8 mm in the thinner, partial quill and no quill areas
- About 1.0/1.2 mm in the meatier full quill areas
OstriTec Offers Various Grades Of Ostrich Skin As Available:
- Grade 1: There is no defects in the center full quill area, ideal for large handbags and luggage
- Grade 2: Only one defect or small cluster of defects affecting one quadrant of the full quill area, ideal for anything other than large handbags and luggage
- Grade 3: The are one defect or small cluster of defects affecting two quadrants of the full quill area, ideal for footwear, belts and small leather good.
- Grade 4: There are one defect or small cluster of defects affecting three quadrants of the full quill area, ideal for belts and small leather goods.